Author Archives: admin
This theory states that Devil Fruit Users awaken their Devil Fruits based on their personality and will. And i’ll give examples and explain how.
You ask “But Pirate-King Buggy, what does Personality even have to do with awakenings?”
Well , in my theory i believe that Devil Fruit users can manipulate and change the nature of their Devil Fruit’s Original Power to fit them according to their use.
To make this theory easy to understand, I will divide Devil Fruit users into 3 parts.
1- Normal Devil Fruit Users.
(This is the base level , any Devil Fruit user is at this level)
2- Advanced Devil Fruit Users.
(This is the Devil Fruit user can that use their Devil Fruit at full potential)
3- Awakened Devil Fruit Users.
(people who got their Devil Fruit users to go beyond their limits)
This theory will only cover Awakened Devil Fruit Users.
So first of all , What examples have we seen in the Anime/Manga that Devil Fruits go beyond their Limit?
One of the examples is Luffy’s RED HAWK.
In the Movie 3D2Y , It was explained that Luffy obtained Ace’s Flare.
The Gomu-Gomu no Mi can’t produce fire. However, Luffy’s anger over Ace’s death and his love for his Nakama made his Devil Fruit to change it’s properties to be able to Somewhat copy Ace’s devil fruit.
Could Red Hawk be one type of Awakening?
This is an example that Devil Fruit users awaken their Devil Fruits based on their personality and will.
Another example is Luffy’s Gear 4th.
Doflamingo was shocked that Luffy’s armament haki was rubbery.
Doflamingo is a haki user too , so why was he surprised?
Is that because Luffy manipulated his Devil Fruit in order to use haki on it? But if he did , isn’t that considered a type of awakening?
Some people may say this is far fetched. It maybe be.
After all this is just pure speculation.
But I also found something interesting.
Luffy’s gear 4th Attack names are based off of the animals he trained with.
1- Gomu Gomu no Kong Gun
2- Gomu Gomu no Rhino Schneider
3- Gomu Gomu no Culverin
4-Gomu Gomu no Leo Bazooka
5- Gomu Gomu no King Kong Gun
These animals that Luffy trained with could have had influence on his personality and his style of fighting.
Therefore his Devil Fruit somewhat changed it’s property to adapted to Luffy’s new personality.
Enough of Luffy , let’s take another example of awakenings :p
Another example is Chopper.
Many People Speculate that Chopper’s Monster Point is his awakening.
We also see a moment with Chopper that kind of confirms that statement.
In Fishman Island , we see how Chopper’s Human Form has changed .
Chopper said the reason is “ at first he wanted to look like a human because he wanted friends. Now he wants to become a monster to help Luffy.”
This is another example how the Devil Fruit user’s personality can change the properties of the original Devil Fruit to their will.
Well , what about Doflamingo’s Awakening?
How does that fit his personality?
Doflamingo’s personality is the Puppet master.
His Personality is to control other people against their will.
So it would make sense that he is able to control other elements in his surroundings such as the buildings and the ground into strings.
After all the Puppet master can do whatever he wants to change his stage into the play he wants.
This also explains how Doflamingo can clone him self into a puppet.
And make the bird cage where the Puppets can’t escape his stage.
And because Awakening is special to the Devil Fruit user only, and based on his personality .
Then that means no two Devil Fruit Users who have the same Devil fruit can have the same abilities!
Yes, We do see an example of that in the manga.
The Mera Mera No Mi!
Ace/ Sabo’s Devil Fruit.
Despite the fact both Ace and Sabo have the same Devil Fruit , both of them use It completely differently.
Sabo’s main attacks are Dragon Claw and attacks he learned from the Revolutionary Army.
Ace main attacks are guns and fireballs, and attacks he learned while he was under Whitebeard’s ship.
Both Ace and Sabo are influenced differently, and they use the Devil Fruit differently according to their personality.
Unfortunately none of them are awakened, so I can’t compare them on that.
However , My guess is if Sabo awakens his Devil Fruit it has to do with something according to a Dragon Attack.
Just like Magellan from Impel Down.
His Awakening was transforming into a Venom Demon.
Since Impel Down theme was based on “Hell”, the devil Fruit changed to be more poisonous and dangerous, and it changed from hydras to a Demon.
The last example on awakenings according to personality is Brook.
Brook gained his power of making his body leave his soul by knowing what was missing from his songs.
And that was something “Any-Male would understand” YOHOHOHOHO!
Brook’s Pervert Personality gained him a new power.
-Devil Fruit Users awaken their devil fruits based on their personality and will.
-Devil Fruits can change their abilities according on the User’s influence to it.
– No two Devil Fruit Users can have the same awakening because Awakenings are special to the users.
*Theory by Pirate king buggy?
- Oda confirmed that if Enel were actually a wanted pirate, he might have a bounty that could possibly be as high as 500,000,000.
- Although he is Birkan, Enel lacks the Birkan wings and instead has his ring of drums in the same place they would normally be.
- Enel is the first major antagonist to use Haki. He is also the first major antagonist in the series that is not a pirate or a Marine.
- Enel is also the name of the main Italian electric company.
- The symbols seen on Enel’s drums are called tomoe and are very common in Japanese heraldry such as family emblems and corporate logos. The tomoe are also present on another One Piece character, Sentomaru.
- In the 3rd and 4th Japanese Fan Poll, Enel is ranked the 22nd most popular character. In the 5th poll, he ranked 48th.
- In Unlimited Adventure, when Enel is fought in story mode the game displays his name as “Enel”, but when accessed in multiplayer mode the game displays his name as “Eneru”.
- Enel didn’t appear in any opening that was used during the Skypiea arc, but he was later included in the 2008 remix of We Are! .
- Monkey D. Luffy being Enel’s natural enemy (due to his Devil Fruit immunity to Enel’s Goro Goro no Mi) is highly appropriate, as the Family of D. is referred to as “God’s Natural Enemy” (神の天敵 Kami no Tenteki?) and Enel believes himself to be a God.
- Enel’s belief that he is a god is also similar to the Celestial Dragons who see themselves as godlike.
- On the cover of Chapter 596, Sabo was shown as a young man. He was portrayed as tall and muscular like Ace, and was still wearing the same attire he wore as a child but made bigger to fit his size, and was carrying a bo staff. He seemed to have longer hair, and his eyes were hidden by his hat’s brim. Ace’s tattoo is written as “ACE” instead of the original “ASCE”. This suggests that the S was a tribute to Sabo, as the cover is a “what if” image of Ace, Luffy, and Sabo together as adults.
- Sabo’s character is first hinted at in Chapter 558 where a third sake cup can slightly be seen in a flashback of the boys’ brotherhood initiation.
- Monkey D. Luffy, Portgas D. Ace, and Sabo all have trademark hats.
- Sabo’s appearance is similar to that of the character Artful Dodger from Charles Dickens’ Oliver Twist. He too was part of a gang of child thieves. His signature appearance included a top hat and an adult’s waistcoat with the sleeves rolled up.
- Sabo’s fate was hinted at twice. Once during a conversation between Ivankov and Dragon during Episode 504, and again on the cover page of Chapter 668 as three cups of sake were placed before the grave of Ace with a newspaper article about Luffy pinned to the grave. It was later revealed that Sabo was the one who placed it there.
- Sabo makes his animated debut in the present storyline in the 3D2Y special, rather than the anime.
- In the 5th Japanese Fan Polls, Sabo ranked as the fifth most popular character in One Piece making him the most popular of the Revolutionary Army and the second most popular “non-Straw Hat” character in the series, aside from Trafalgar Law.
- Compared to Luffy and Ace, Sabo is the tallest out of the three brothers, measuring in at 187 cm (6’1½”), making him 2 cm (or 1/2″) taller than Ace, who stood at 185 cm before his death.
- When Sabo found out about Ace’s death, his reaction was eerily similar to Luffy’s – resulting in his jaw hinging open in an over the top fashion and the trauma of losing his brother putting him into a coma. (although Sabo also regained his memories, so the shock could have contributed to this)
- Sabo’s role in the story thus far has mirrored that of Ace’s during the first half of the series to a certain extent.
- Both characters are introduced in the present timeline during an arc that features a Shichibukai as the main antagonist, both of whom also had a tyrannical rule over a Kingdom, in regards to Alabasta and Dressrosa respectively.
- Both Ace and Sabo protected Luffy from a villain (or villains in Sabo’s case) that he couldn’t fight at the time. (Smoker, Fujitora and Burgess respectively)
- Before departing, both Ace and Sabo left vivre cards and entrusted Luffy’s safety to his crew. Although these events are slightly different, as Ace had given a vivre card to Luffy in order for him to find him in the future – and Sabo gave Luffy’s crew a vivre card to help them find Luffy, and kept one for himself.