*Chapter 804 Spoiler
The Whale Forest, and the Whale tree particularly caught my eye in chapter 804. It was the center of the panoramic panel and is incredibly obscure and strange, which makes me believe there is some immense significance to this strange Whale.
I’ve had a belief for a while, following the ideas of the Great Trees in One Piece, that there are three Great Trees that produce different Devil Fruits. We already know about The Treasure Tree Adam (Strongest Tree) the Tree of Knowledge (containing the worlds greatest Library) and Sunlight Tree Eve (Providing light at the bottom of its roots in the ocean). Now, what do they all have in common?
They’re all part of the Garden of Eden. The scene of the bible in which the first man and woman were born. Adam and Eve. The tree of knowledge was also one of the trees in the Garden of Eden. There was another tree called the Tree of Life. The tree of life is often considered to be just one tree in the One Piece world. But the Tree of Life had three distinct features:
1. Animals were drawn to it
2. It was immune to the elements, e.g. wind, lightning, fire etc.
3. It supposedly represents an immaculate state of a pure humanity, free from corruption and original sin before all
Now, the tree grew its own fruits as well. This is crucial.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I believe that the tree of Life is embodied in three seperate Devil Fruit trees in the One Piece world. Each feature of the tree represents or bares similarities to each type of Devil Fruit. The fact animals were drawn to the tree represents Zoan (Animal) Devil Fruits. The immunity to the elements represents Logia (Element) Devil Fruits and the representation of purer humanity represents Paramecia (Superhuman) Devil Fruits.
So why do I think it’s the Zoan Devil Fruit tree? Several reasons:
- It’s a Whale and a Tree at the same time
- The residents of Zou take on animalistic features. The Mink Tribe may have developed these characteristics over 1000 years due to some weird scientific bullshit anomaly as a result of the tree being there. If Mink men originate from and only come from Zou, this isn’t just a coincidence
- Zo means Elephant (the island is an elephant). Zoa is an animal of a specified kind. Zoanthropy is a mental illness whereby somebody thinks they are an animal. Some cases have resulted in these people having surgery to look like these animals. This may be inspiration for the Minkmen
I also believe it could be the source of Zoan devil fruits due to plot relevance. I mean, Caesar, the leading producer and researcher of SMILE (artificial Zoans) is on the island! Kaidou, likely the worlds strongest Zoan, who has an army of Zoan fruit eaters is now getting more involved and has subordinates on the Island as well
Let alone the fact everyone on the island, and the island itself is an animal!
*Theory by L o g i a