Author Archives: admin
1. Myth: They are twins!
Fact: Kuina is seen as a baby and as an only child in Chapter 0.
2. Myth: They are the same character.
Fact: So far they are only considered different characters and no evidence has been stated to say otherwise since Kuina’s body is seen in the manga. This is mainly due to how 4Kids changed her death to an injury, from which many fans assumed the injury Kuina sustained was connected to Tashigi’s bad eye sight. Tashigi was drawn as a child in an SBS, and her appearance was very different from Kuina’s, making it clear that she and Kuina are separate characters.
I’m sure everyone is familiar with the ongoing trend of OP characters giving us false explanations for in-universe events that they think they understand but don’t, with Oda leaving us on the assumption that Vegapunk will explain it properly. I believe this is the case for the explanation of Reverse Mountain too. Now, Nami’s explanation is surely a contributing factor to why water flows up the mountain but there is another effect at play
I believe that One Piece’s moon is in fact in geostationary orbit, exhibiting it’s entire gravitational force over a single point. Reverse mountain. This is the biggest contributing factor in the phenomenon of upward flowing water, and also explains why the rest of the world isn’t affected by regular tidal forces
But why is this relevant? First we’re gonna need some locations for the map points
Aside from excellent foreshadowing on the part of Oda this flag is also a vital clue. The World Government are aware of the road poneglyphs and Raftel, but are unable to reach it. The fact that they have been unable to reach it, even long before the beginning of the great pirate era and the rise of the Yonkou suggests that the poneglyphs were given to their enemies. So they likely also point to the nations of their enemies
One poneglyph on Zou, an independent nation isolated from humans. One in possession of Kaido, likely found in Wano, who are still independent of the World Government. Many have speculated that the unknown poneglyph is from Elbaf but I believe the Elbaf poneglyph is the one owned by Big Mom. The final poneglyph rests on the moon, and will be brought back by Eneru
Now let’s complete the map. But first, take a look at this
One thing is evident from this picture. There are many island combinations that take 2 from each half of the grand line or one from each of the 4 blues which lead to reverse mountain being the intersection point. Reverse mountain is commonly theorised to be the location of Raftel. Statistically speaking, it’s the location at the end of the grand line which is most likely to be the solution on a 2D map. But surely this makes it too easy? The solution can’t be something so simple as to be reached by anyone with a bit of basic logic?
And so we return to the moon. Instead of thinking of the map in 2 dimensions, try thinking of it in 3, with the moon as one of the points. Now lets take 2 nations from opposite sides of the grand line. Alabasta, who whilst being members of the World Government were likely allies of the AK given their refusal to move to Mariejois and ownership of a poneglyph, and either Wano or Baltigo, as both are likely roughly the right distance into the New World for this to work and aren’t WG islands. And finally, the reason for the theory of the geostationary moon, the final point is Fishman Island. Connect the dots in 3 dimensions on a globe. The line between Alabasta and Wano/ Baltigo cuts through the globe, meeting the line between the moon and Fishman Island at a point just beneath reverse mountain
Raftel is likely deep under water or underground, in what is essentially the exact opposite position to Fishman Island which rests 10,000 meters below sea level beneath Mariejois on the opposite side of the world
*Theory by Go D. Usopp
Myth: Shyarly only said the Destroyer of Fishman Island would be wearing a Straw Hat, not that it is Luffy. Jinbe’s going to go get a bunch of Straw Hats for the children of Fishman Island. Whoever the Destroyer is will just take one of these hats to taunt the Fishmen and/or the Straw Hat Pirates. After all, Luffy would never destroy Fishman Island! Plus the Straw Hats have left Fishman Island, and so far they have not gone back to any previously visited island!
Fact: So far, nothing has been confirmed. While Keimi commented that Shyarly’s prediction could take up to a year to come to pass, there was no direct evidence that Luffy is indeed the Destroyer. While the Straw Hats have not yet backtracked, with the introduction of the three needle Log Pose, the dangers of the New World, and the Straw Hats’ promise to Shirahoshi may mean that the Straw Hats will revisit Fishman Island before the end of the story. However, this myth may just be hopeful thinking by fans, and the circumstances under which Fishman Island will be destroyed, if it actually is, are unknown.
- Originally, Zoro was planned by Oda to be the bodyguard of Buggy. A picture of an incarnation of him in Buggy’s crew was then later released in Volume 3 along with another picture of Buggy’s crew. Oda described Buggy’s crew as a family unit, in which Zoro was the elder brother.
- Zoro has his own jolly roger, like all the Straw Hat crew. It has Zoro’s bandanna, two swords instead of crossbones, and a sword in its mouth (the white hilt suggests that it is Wado Ichimonji, which is always the one that Zoro holds in his mouth when using Santoryu).
- After the timeskip, the skull gains Zoro’s three earrings and the left eye is closed with a vertical scar over it to match Zoro’s own eye. The swords that make up the crossbones are more detailed: the blade pointing towards the right is dark, suggesting that it is Shusui while the other is Sandai Kitetsu.
- Zoro is the only member of the crew that Luffy personally sought out to invite before they actually met.
- Zoro is the only Straw Hat Pirate to be named after a real life pirate, this being after the Japanese pronunciation of François l’Ollonais.
- Zoro is the first known person since Ryuma to kill a dragon, an act which made the latter a legend. Both of them also killed the dragon the same way, by decapitation in the air.
- Zoro’s reintroduction to the series after the timeskip is reminiscent of how Mihawk was introduced. Both sliced a galleon in two and both seemingly did so due to an interrupted nap.
- In Japanese fan polls, Zoro was consistently the second most popular character, until his position was usurped by Law in this most recent poll. Furthermore, in the attack popularity polls his Santoryu Ogi: Sanzen Sekai came in 2nd.
- Zoro usually fights the second strongest member of the villain group the Straw Hats face during the story arcs.
- Zoro’s favorite foods are white rice, sea king meat, and anything that goes with ale. His least favorite food is chocolate. Other than taking naps, Zoro typically sleeps at 4:00 A.M. and gets up at 7:00 A.M and he bathes once a week.
- Like Luffy, Zoro has a scar on his chest and a scar on his face.